Skip to main content

Running.

It felt good to run, I was keeping a good steady pace, and it didn't seem that I was too winded. The air was fresh and soft on my face as I trotted along the trail. The dirt trail was in a wooded area and it circled around for about three miles. There were some people on the trail besides myself and my friend, and everyone seemed in a chipper mood. They all seemed to nod and smile as we passed them on the trail. As I ran I felt happy too, I also had some good conversations with God and my friend who was with me. I wondered if these people were happy because they ran on a regular basis too. Out of the blue, I was startled. My heart began to pound, and the next thing I knew I was opening my eyes too see the ceiling in my bedroom. I realized that I had been startled by our neighbors pounding on the wall next door. I lay there for awhile, breathing, and waiting till my heart stopped pounding so fast. Well it figured, me running, that never happens. I could feel my arm start to tingle, as it regained feeling from sleeping on it. Running, sometimes I feel it could be a good thing to do, other times I despise the thought. I have dreamt about running quite a bit lately. I wonder if I should try it.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It was 1980 when my heart & Mind heard His Call.

John 6:35-40 NIV [35] Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. [36] But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe. [37] All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. [38] For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. [39] And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. [40] For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

Wednesday afternoon

There is a good chance that my rational thought prosess has been taken over my by my over emotional female self! The female emotions are powerful forces, and so often I grow weary of trying to keep them in check. Which I believe all women should do! The only thing that helps me most is my relationship with God and others. All that said, I do feel that female emotions are valuable, and they matter. They give us insight and understanding that often times is not based on how much we know of this world. How we feel should never be discounted or pushed aside because feeling are less important than rational thought. Rational thought is good but it doesn't trump the feelings of others. On to other thoughts, today I am tired! I have been tired for days, and I don't understand why. I have been working out three times a week, when we work out regularly aren't we suposed to gain a bit more energy? ya, that doesn't seem to be happening to me. I really hope there isn't...

He really does want me and He always will.

For some time now I have set aside my hope for marriage. Every spring though I find myself once again hoping that my life might change in that direction. I once again pick up that book about love, I find myself observing couples holding hands and looking into each others eyes. I pull out the romantic chic flicks, this spring I also have been taking in those cute little popular songs written about some guy or girl who in love. As I think about this hope phenomenon that seems to acre every spring, I find it to be a breath of fresh air. To hope in this way, feels like my spirit is lighter and I sometimes even feel more whole. The power of hope is strong, and it reminds me to have faith in the fact that despite my little self who is nothing in this world, He has called me his own, and He said He would never leave me or forsake me. For some reason lately, I have doubted that He wants me as His own. Just when I start despairing into this lie, he swoops in and once again tells me to hope, to ...