Skip to main content

“A writing exercise from a silly hopeful romantic.”

He held her hand in his; she was reminded of a song where the spaces in between his fingers were perfectly filled with hers. It seemed to be true in their case too. Sometimes she, when he was near and it was still, would just sit and memorize every part of who she knew him to be. When he discovered her eyes on him, he would smile with a knowing smile. He wouldn’t look away though from his book or article, and she continued on with her gaze, encouraged by the wrinkles that lit up his eyes with his amusement of her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It was 1980 when my heart & Mind heard His Call.

John 6:35-40 NIV [35] Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. [36] But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe. [37] All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. [38] For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. [39] And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. [40] For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

Wednesday afternoon

There is a good chance that my rational thought prosess has been taken over my by my over emotional female self! The female emotions are powerful forces, and so often I grow weary of trying to keep them in check. Which I believe all women should do! The only thing that helps me most is my relationship with God and others. All that said, I do feel that female emotions are valuable, and they matter. They give us insight and understanding that often times is not based on how much we know of this world. How we feel should never be discounted or pushed aside because feeling are less important than rational thought. Rational thought is good but it doesn't trump the feelings of others. On to other thoughts, today I am tired! I have been tired for days, and I don't understand why. I have been working out three times a week, when we work out regularly aren't we suposed to gain a bit more energy? ya, that doesn't seem to be happening to me. I really hope there isn't...

September 14, 2015 "Good bye summer"

It's morning, I'm on the front porch with coffee and jounal on the table next to me. The sky is blue today there aren't any clouds, that I am able to see.  The air is cool and it smells like autumn to me, already the trees have started their yearly decorating of the lawn.  There are orange yellow and brown leaves scattered about the grass that now has lost a little bit of it's dark green luster.   This time of the year is my favorite, I'm pretty sure I say it every year.  I always manage to write it at least here on this blog.  For some reason it is one of the most romantic parts of the year for me. It's that way to me because, it's full of color, full of change, full of reminders that God does amazing things with us even though we are fallen, even though we are still in our sinful self.  So today, even though it's not technically autumn yet, I say good bye to summer, and I thank God for the work of his beautiful death on a tree to make us new in Him. ...