Skip to main content

Other sights.

As I get older, I get this sense more and more that life, the one we are living right now is really quite empty. The older I get the more I am aware of the fact that I am not whole, that there are pieces of me missing. As my incompleteness weighs heavy on my mind I continue to walk through the days. The breaths I take are sometimes without relief. My desire to move to a new place throbs in my skin. Yet i feel some invisible force holding me here, at least for now. When I perceive the hold, I'm reminded of the fact that truly, I don't live where I was meant too. No matter where I go here in this place, I will always feel like leaving again, because I can never be in the place I'm really supposed to be here in this life. And so i come back to hope, mostly I live there. Though at times it dims and slips out of focus. I think that would be why we need each other, we need each others sight sometimes to see the hope, which, if I recall will be something that will remain. (Faith, hope, love)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It was 1980 when my heart & Mind heard His Call.

John 6:35-40 NIV [35] Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. [36] But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe. [37] All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. [38] For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. [39] And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. [40] For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

He really does want me and He always will.

For some time now I have set aside my hope for marriage. Every spring though I find myself once again hoping that my life might change in that direction. I once again pick up that book about love, I find myself observing couples holding hands and looking into each others eyes. I pull out the romantic chic flicks, this spring I also have been taking in those cute little popular songs written about some guy or girl who in love. As I think about this hope phenomenon that seems to acre every spring, I find it to be a breath of fresh air. To hope in this way, feels like my spirit is lighter and I sometimes even feel more whole. The power of hope is strong, and it reminds me to have faith in the fact that despite my little self who is nothing in this world, He has called me his own, and He said He would never leave me or forsake me. For some reason lately, I have doubted that He wants me as His own. Just when I start despairing into this lie, he swoops in and once again tells me to hope, to ...

Wednesday afternoon

There is a good chance that my rational thought prosess has been taken over my by my over emotional female self! The female emotions are powerful forces, and so often I grow weary of trying to keep them in check. Which I believe all women should do! The only thing that helps me most is my relationship with God and others. All that said, I do feel that female emotions are valuable, and they matter. They give us insight and understanding that often times is not based on how much we know of this world. How we feel should never be discounted or pushed aside because feeling are less important than rational thought. Rational thought is good but it doesn't trump the feelings of others. On to other thoughts, today I am tired! I have been tired for days, and I don't understand why. I have been working out three times a week, when we work out regularly aren't we suposed to gain a bit more energy? ya, that doesn't seem to be happening to me. I really hope there isn't...