Skip to main content

The Fire Tower.

I stood there at the foot of the stairs looking straight up. I felt the familiar feeling of vertigo hit. It was a steel gray structure and it loomed up to intimidate me. It was known as the fire tower. My knee twanged in pain just to remind me that climbing a tower of stares was maybe not the greatest of ideas. Stupid knee, I thought to myself, you’re not going to stop me from taking in the tops of those trees and hills. Slowly I began to climb, on the 4th platform of stares the structure seemed to be swaying in the breeze; slow and steady wins the race I reminded the inner dialog of my head. The sun was on its way to the ground where it sets and I stopped a few times to just take in the view around me. The top of the fire tower was red, yellow and littered with people’s messages and initials. I took pictures and stood still. Up there, it was quiet . . . except for the cicadas in the tree tops. The wind blew and tossed my hair from my face. I took in deep breaths. I felt my spirit rest with in me. This place, I thought, is good, but it’s only just a taste of the good things That God has in store for those who trust In Jesus Christ. Aahhh, How good is our God!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It was 1980 when my heart & Mind heard His Call.

John 6:35-40 NIV [35] Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. [36] But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe. [37] All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. [38] For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. [39] And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. [40] For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

Wednesday afternoon

There is a good chance that my rational thought prosess has been taken over my by my over emotional female self! The female emotions are powerful forces, and so often I grow weary of trying to keep them in check. Which I believe all women should do! The only thing that helps me most is my relationship with God and others. All that said, I do feel that female emotions are valuable, and they matter. They give us insight and understanding that often times is not based on how much we know of this world. How we feel should never be discounted or pushed aside because feeling are less important than rational thought. Rational thought is good but it doesn't trump the feelings of others. On to other thoughts, today I am tired! I have been tired for days, and I don't understand why. I have been working out three times a week, when we work out regularly aren't we suposed to gain a bit more energy? ya, that doesn't seem to be happening to me. I really hope there isn't...

The Truth of the Matter.

How had I come to believe, that the deep things of my heart and mind were not important? Who told me they didn’t care about the things I was feeling or thinking about? The truth of the matter was, that no one actually said I don’t care about what you think or feel, they just never bothered to ask. Never being asked is another way to let someone know that they are not valued. In response to some of the most important people in my life not bothering to pursue my young heart and mind, I believed I had nothing to offer or give that would be of any value to anyone else. I believed I was stupid. I heard it over and over in my heart and head with out a second of doubt of its truth. Not until my twenty sixth year did the truth that I believed about myself reveal it’s self as a lie. There were six of us who met each week, five younger women and our leader, a woman the five of us had approached to ask if she would be willing to let us learn from her and be mentored and guided ...