God you don’t show up when I think you should, the truth of it is, you never leave. You have said it in your word, you made a promise, it says that you would never leave us or forsake us. Why do we, when for some reason You feel far away, think you have stepped away from us. It is us that have chosen to make ourselves distant from You, not the other way around. Part of it is that because we can’t see you, we don’t understand how we are supposed to pursue a relationship with You. Here are some every day chose’s we can make in faith, (because faith is belief in someone or something not seen) we can choose to make time in every day to talk to God (prayer) and listen to Him (His Word) these simple actions are just disciplines to choose to intentionally know who God is better. there are other disciplines too, they are not the way we become more Godly then others or the way we get what we want, these disciplines are a way to be intentional about getting to know our God, savor, the one who died so we might be free to choose You even though we were still sinners. (“Celebration of Discipline” by: Richard J. Foster) How can we ever think that relationships don’t require intentional work, when our God has set the greatest example with His intentional work of the cross on our behalf? He has pursued us to the point of death. I pray we would pursue Him and each other as best as You have taught us to. You won’t force us; You want us to choose to pursue You. Brothers and sister let us spur each other on toward the Heart of God through Jesus Christ His Son.
There is a good chance that my rational thought prosess has been taken over my by my over emotional female self! The female emotions are powerful forces, and so often I grow weary of trying to keep them in check. Which I believe all women should do! The only thing that helps me most is my relationship with God and others. All that said, I do feel that female emotions are valuable, and they matter. They give us insight and understanding that often times is not based on how much we know of this world. How we feel should never be discounted or pushed aside because feeling are less important than rational thought. Rational thought is good but it doesn't trump the feelings of others. On to other thoughts, today I am tired! I have been tired for days, and I don't understand why. I have been working out three times a week, when we work out regularly aren't we suposed to gain a bit more energy? ya, that doesn't seem to be happening to me. I really hope there isn't...
Comments