Skip to main content

We know the end of the story.

I had won great seats at a really nice theater in this really huge really swanky Mall. The mall was beautifully built and it was in a historic part of the city. The mall it’s self had a historical feel like it had been around for a few dacades.  The theater was fashioned in style of the old theaters.  I waited near the front of the line to enter and find my seats to the movie. I knew the movie it was one of my favorites the Lord of the rings and they were playing all three movies. During the movie I got up and left the theater I don’t remember why I decided to leave but I had my ticket so I would still be able to get back in.  I got lost a bit because the Mall was huge, and I wanted to take a kind of Mall tour.  Part way through my getting lost I started missing the movie, but I wasn’t too worried because well I knew how it ended.  I Know the end of the story!

This whole story was well, a dream, and I woke and laid in bed just pondering it. The point I think, (because sometimes I feel like God very clearly points stuff out to me sometimes in dreams, I don’t know if that happens to anyone else, but it does to me and I have often heard God speaking in my dreams.) of  this dream was meant  For me to realize that God wins, Christ Has already won, and I belong to him, and even with all the in between stuff, the pain the hurt the tears the process of this journey that is unclear and scary and well mostly out of control, if we stick with Jesus, . . . we know the end of the story!!! That is such a freeing thing to really understand!!! One of the best dreams ever by the way!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Panicky Branch.

Hebrews 2:14-18 NIV Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death---that is, the devil--- and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death. For surely it is not angels he helps, but Abraham’s descendants. For this reason he had to be made like them, fully human in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people. Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted. Oh me of little faith, at least that is how I feel when I read scripture that remind me of the great work God has done. The question that comes to mind is how, if I believe that these things are true, should my life look, or how do I live? Things I'm sure of, first that Jesus Christ is the way the truth and the life, that I
I'm just one person, and not only that I am a self absorbed Flawed Person, how can this person make a difference in this world of self absorbed flawed people? "It seems a hopeless business. " (Mr. Bennett said that in Jane Austen's pride and prejudice) God has promised that he will never leave us or for sake us,he has said that nothing is able to separate us from his love. I have heard it said of God that he did not show up, or he did show up. But how can that be a true statement if he has said that he would never leave us or forsake us, that his presence is constant? This morning, I sat at the kitchen table, with my journal and the Bible that's on my smart phone, the words of my God, written by the hands of the people he created. Those people who Chose to step away from and choose to step away from his constant presence. I copied by hand the words of Isaiah 40: 22 into my journal so that it would be a bit more impressed upon my heart And mind. Then I stop

The Truth of the Matter.

How had I come to believe, that the deep things of my heart and mind were not important? Who told me they didn’t care about the things I was feeling or thinking about? The truth of the matter was, that no one actually said I don’t care about what you think or feel, they just never bothered to ask. Never being asked is another way to let someone know that they are not valued. In response to some of the most important people in my life not bothering to pursue my young heart and mind, I believed I had nothing to offer or give that would be of any value to anyone else. I believed I was stupid. I heard it over and over in my heart and head with out a second of doubt of its truth. Not until my twenty sixth year did the truth that I believed about myself reveal it’s self as a lie. There were six of us who met each week, five younger women and our leader, a woman the five of us had approached to ask if she would be willing to let us learn from her and be mentored and guided by her for a time.